The Bradley Method® is a fabulous way to prepare for natural childbirth. I am a certified/affiliated independent Bradley® childbirth educator serving the Greater Boston Area.
- Husband Coached Childbirth by Robert A. Bradley, M.D.
- Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer
- Mother’s Intention: How Belief Shapes Birth by Kim Wildner
- The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth by Shelia Kitzinger
- Pregnancy Childbirth and the Newborn : The Complete Guide by Penny Simkin
- Silent Knife : Cesarean Prevention and Vaginal Birth after Cesarean (VBAC) by Nancy Wainer Cohen & Lois J. Estner
- Birth Without Violence : The Book That Revolutionized the Way We Bring Our Children into the World by Frederick LeBoyer
- Birthing Options: Hospital, Home, or Birth Center? Midwife or Doctor?, an excellent article by Cordelia S. Hanna, BA, CCE, CBA
- La Leche League International: Local meetings happen in Yokosuka Main base and Ikego. There are also meetings happeing in Tokoyo.
- LLL Tear Free Tool Kit
- kellymom: Breastfeeding and Parenting is an amazingly comprehensive website. I can’t even tell you how often I refer to it or recommend it to someone who asks me for help!
- ICAN: Cesarean recovery, support and prevention. You can also link to their support groups for women who have CAC Ceserean After Ceseran and also their Accreta support group.
- ASAC – Association for Safe Alternatives in Childbirth, a group of Canadian parents and healthcare professionals who share the belief that childbirth is a normal, healthy part of life and of special significance to the pregnant woman and her family
- For those experiencing loss: Healing Hearts
- Birth Monopoly The Empowered Consumer Hospital Communication
If you are looking for a lactation consultant, doula etc I am happy share the names of well trained professional individuals with you! Please email me for their contact information.