Supporting Couples, Empowering Families
This birth is about you. It’s about building your family with your partner. As a doula, I will support your family on that journey.
- Women receiving one-to-one emotional support in labor have been shown to have:
- Lower rates of cesarean
- Shorter labors
- Fewer epidural requests
- Increased satisfaction
- Fewer forceps deliveries
Evidence: ACOG 2017 Opinion
As Your Doula
- I will meet with you twice before labor begins to explore your vision for your birth and demonstrate techniques to your partner.
- You both will have unlimited phone text and email contact with me throughout your pregnancy.
- I will be on call 24 hours a day beginning at 37 weeks gestation.
- I will provide early labor support as requested.
- I will remain with you once active labor has begun until your family is settled after the birth.
- I will utilize non-medical support techniques for labor and birth.
- I will offer breast feeding support and education to you both.
- I will meet with your new family after the birth.
I serve doula clients in Kitsap County and military hospitals.
With research this powerful, every woman should have the benefit of one-to-one labor support. I offer a sliding scale fee to families.